Generating Buzz Among Dispensaries and Cannabis Brands
Making Greenscreens Visible:
Founded in 2016 with a mission to transform the retail experience, GreenScreens is a team of passionate, customer-focused professionals focused on transforming the cannabis retail experience with digital screens. The company’s comprehensive software was developed to instantly elevate the atmosphere of dispensaries by engaging consumers, displaying compliant advertising for brand awareness and sales, educating customers and enabling more efficient order fulfillment.
GreenScreens contacted The 9th Block hoping to increase their profile and brand awareness among key audiences, particularly dispensaries seeking to improve their retail experience and brands seeking greater exposure to consumers. Our goal was to identify news opportunities as the company introduced new products, as well as position them as industry leaders for retail solutions. With products and services that range across the technology, retail and cannabis product sectors, The 9th Block identified a wide range of news opportunities ideally suited for the GreenScreens message and set about developing a plan to execute on these opportunities.
The introduction of the brand’s premium, screen-based point-of-sale platform provided an immediate opening for retail, branding and technology publications. The technology goes far beyond ordinary menu boards by providing product menus and advertising enabling real-time order fulfillment through backend screens as consumers place orders via touchpads on the sales floor. In addition, GreenScreens’ involvement with the Last Prisoner Project created additional opportunities to connect the brand with cannabis consumers, media influencers and retailers.
The public relations program implemented by The 9th Block powered stunning results, including reaching a potential audience of 25 million readers via distributed press releases, as well as key placements in top cannabis industry publications. Financial service news databases Reuters, Dow Jones and Bloomberg picked up the news of the company, as did multiple large market daily newspapers. In addition, the company was featured in a podcast produced by Cannabis & Tech Today, as well as Benzinga Cannabis, and the company was the focus of a speaking engagement at the Emerge cannabis conference titled “The Future of the Cannabis Retail Environment.”
Recently launched “Service Q,” an integrated, screen-based point-of-sale platform that goes beyond providing product menus and advertising by enabling real-time order fulfillment through backend screens as consumers place orders via touchpads on the sales floor. Meanwhile, customers are engaged immediately in the store’s lobby through a screen-based queue as they wait to enter the store.
Service Q Press Release
- The first press release was distributed across nine financial service news databases (including Reuters, Dow Jones and Bloomberg) and received 69 full placements in news outlets. The potential audience reach for this press release was 13.5 million readers. Read the full press release here (link)
- Earned a story in Boulder Weekly magazine which you can read here.
- Landed a podcast interview with Cannabis & Tech Today. Listen to a snippet here.
- Received a speaking opportunity at Emerge Canna where GreenScreens VP of Sales, Ryan Sterling will speak on The Future of the Cannabis Retail Environment.
Last Prisoner Project Press Release
- Read the full press release here
- This release has received full placements in 90 publications including Business Insider and large local publications in cities across the country. The audience reach of all full placements was just slightly higher than 9.8 million readers
- This release was included as part of Javier Hasse’s daily news update in Benzinga.
- Different Leaf (an upscale, quarterly cannabis publication) requested an interview with GreenScreens for a social justice cover story.